Salt uses GitHub to track open issues and feature requests.
To file a bug, please navigate to the new issue page for the Salt project.
In an issue report, please include the following information:
- The output of
salt --versions-reportfrom the relevant machines. This can also be gathered remotely by using
salt <my_tgt> test.versions_report.
- A description of the problem including steps taken to cause the issue to occur and the expected behaviour.
- Any steps taken to attempt to remediate the problem.
- Any configuration options set in a configuration file that may be relevant.
- A reproduceable test case. This may be as simple as an SLS file that illustrates a problem or it may be a link to a repository that contains a number of SLS files that can be used together to re-produce a problem. If the problem is transitory, any information that can be used to try and reproduce the problem is helpful.
- [Optional] The output of each salt component (master/minion/CLI) running with the
Please be certain to scrub any logs or SLS files for sensitive data!