These release notes are for an old release of Salt. This release might contain known security and other issues that are fixed in the latest release
Salt 2015.5.9 Release Notes
Extended changelog courtesy of Todd Stansell (https://github.com/tjstansell/salt-changelogs):
Generated at: 2016-01-08T23:02:31Z
Total Merges: 44
- PR #30237: (jacobhammons) Updated man pages and doc version for 2015.5.9
- PR #30207: (rallytime) Use correct spacing in rabbitmq state examples
- PR #30191: (jacobhammons) Updated doc site banners
- PR #30125: (abednarik) Update user home event when createhome is set to False
- PR #30127: (jsutton) Updating documentation and example minion config for random_master/master_shuffle.
- PR #30110: (markckimball) Fixed flag sent to salt.utils.http in order for verify_ssl to work correctly
- PR #30093: (zmalone) Noting that file_roots and "state tree" should both be avoided
- PR #30097: (cachedout) Note concern about cleartext password in docs for shadow.gen_password
- PR #30089: (mpreziuso) Fixes terminology and adds more accurate details about the algorithms
- PR #30086: (cachedout) Document that gitfs needs recent libs
- PR #30070: (cachedout) Add documentation on debugging salt-ssh
- PR #30059: (mpreziuso) Fixes wrong function scope
- PR #30025: (jtand) Skipping some Boto tests until resolved moto issue
- PR #29949: (aletourneau) Enhanced netscaler docstring
- PR #29941: (cachedout) Fix spelling error in boto_vpc
- PR #29908: (cachedout) Allow kwargs to be passed to pacman provide for update func
- PR #29909: (abednarik) FreeBSD pkgng fix for non-interactive install.
- PR #29730: (rallytime) Update docker-py version requirement to 0.6.0 for dockerio.py files
- PR #29715: (rallytime) Install correct package version, if provided, for npm state.
- PR #29721: (terminalmage) Fix display of multiline strings when iterating over a list
- PR #29646: (rallytime) Don't stacktrace on kwargs.get if kwargs=None
- PR #29673: (rallytime) Default value should be False and not 'False'
- PR #29527: (jfindlay) 2015.5.7 notes: add note about not being released
- PR #29539: (basepi) [2015.5] Merge forward from 2014.7 to 2015.5
- PR #29504: (rallytime) Document userdata_file option for EC2 driver
- PR #29507: (rallytime) Switch volumes and del_*_on_destroy example ordering
- PR #29469: (abednarik) Added Documentation note in salt cloud.
- PR #29461: (dmyerscough) Fix resource limits, systemd sets the default too small
- PR #29439: (rallytime) Back-port #28656 to 2015.5
- PR #29418: (jacobhammons) Added CVE 2015-8034 to 2015.5.8 release notes
- PR #29389: (jacobhammons) updated version numbers in documentation
- PR #28501: (twangboy) Requested fixes for 26898
- PR #29348: (jtand) Fixes an file.search on python2.6
- PR #29336: (rallytime) Back-port #29276 to 2015.5
- PR #29333: (rallytime) Back-port #29280 to 2015.5
- PR #29316: (basepi) [2015.5] Merge forward from 2014.7 to 2015.5
- PR #29216: (clan) size is 0 doesn't mean no data, e.g, /proc/version
- PR #29261: (attiasr) fix incorrect reinstallation of windows pkg
- PR #29214: (cro) Doc for salt.utils.http should say verify_ssl not ssl_verify.
- PR #29204: (lorengordon) Use os.path.join to return full path to ca bundle